Join me in brainstorming a list of ideas -

Ideas for KIDS. A number of creationists have been brought together in pursuit of a passion to reach young people with the Truth of the CREATOR.

What are some ideas for presenting creation truth to kids? It must be something that can be captured in a SHORT little production of no more that 60 seconds. It must be in language that can be understood by a ten-year old kid.

Maybe it is only 30 seconds of a kid looking at a dandelion "Fluff Ball" and blowing it into the winds. The kid talks for just a few seconds about how amazing it is that God designed "drones" to deliver seeds. WOW, what at mighty Creator we serve!

A video that shows a few pictures of dinosaur footprints with human footprints beside them. A kid narrates this.

RULES -

• the video must involve kids,
  • it must be in concepts and language that could understood by a 10-year old
  • it must an idea that can be presented in a videoNO MORE THAN 60 seconds in length.

Sample Ideas:

• some kids are shown putting a puzzle together. One takes another puzzle and dumps a bag, begins to shake it and asks, "How long will it take for this puzzle to put itself together?" We all know and we are sure that it is impossible for the universe to put itself together!
  • Video of a dinosaur fossil at a museum - kids just seeing it and saying "WOW" - then one of them quotes from Job.
  • Video of wide eyed kids looking at a night sky, and using telescopes, and a few NASA photos of starry skies - a kid quotes Psalm 19:1.
  • Kids reporting what other kids believe - interview idea - need to have permissions from the ones in the videos.

WHAT ELSE?

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jim, I see a lot of discussion and brain-storming happening, fair enough, but if this is to be a kids' forum (under parental supervision) then they need ownership of it even if they can't be admin. They are full of ideas so we need to harness that - even to the naming of sites and apps.  

Kyle Hornsey said:

Jim, I see a lot of discussion and brain-storming happening, fair enough, but if this is to be a kids' forum (under parental supervision) then they need ownership of it even if they can't be admin. They are full of ideas so we need to harness that - even to the naming of sites and apps. 

No, here at CreationConversations, this is just a place for people to list ideas - and then we will compile them and add them to an idea list for the group that is gathering ideas from KIDS.

This THREAD HERE IS ONLY ABOUT ADDING MORE IDEAS FOR VIDEOS that will be made for kids.

I will start another thread for discussion about the importance of communication of creation truth in a way that can be easily received and understood by kids.

Here is another idea:

why don't you ask some kids - - - even those that are creationists could ask around and report the answers they have been getting -
> What do other kids believe about how everything got here?
> What do others believe about "Origins"?
If they say "Evolution" - try to probe and find out What they think is meant by evolution.
> How would you describe "Evolution"? What does it mean?
Even if they could record video of the answers they get. . . Of course I'm saying it would need to be video of our friends describing the answers given by their friends. It would be video of kids whose parents have given permission.
Remember - the maximum length of each Video must be 60 seconds.
--- I will also post this on the ideas page at CC.

Great ideas! It will be nice to see kids involved on the screen as well as being the target audience. Love that you're planning to keep things super short, much more watchable and shareable.

Here are a few thoughts off the top of my head:

God of the Gaps is like telling me I believe in my little brother to explain why my toys get broken. Reality is, I know he is real, therefore I have to be careful not to suspect him all the time.

Everyone trusts someone. I'd rather trust the Creator than some nerdy proud person.

No one wants to see the judges win the blue ribbon because they put selection pressure on the entries. 

This person won a prize for figuring out a little piece of engineering genius about life. But we're not supposed to praise the One who invented it from scratch in the first place?!!

Anything teaching how to recognize a logical fallacy when they see one would be awesome. They are *everywhere*.

Thanks Kyle.

Kyle Hornsey said:

Jim, I see a lot of discussion and brain-storming happening, fair enough, but if this is to be a kids' forum (under parental supervision) then they need ownership

This discussion here is not about any particular forum, or a specific Creationist Group. It is about the state of affairs in the Creationist community. Some of us are so fed up with all the "high brow" science that is "OUT OF REACH" to most kids. It is all about argumentation on topics that are irrelevant to most kids. It seems that most of what is being written and produced is very convincing to degree scientists, but kids are turned off to it.

If we want kids to trust us, then we MUST begin to get down on the floor and play with them and most importantly LISTEN TO THEM! And these kids need to be reached when they are 5-10 years of age - why?

They become atheists at ages 11-21 (just a generalization, I know) because of what was formulated in them at the younger age. Too often no one was listening to them when they were 5-10 years of age.

What I am raising here is a discussion about the NEED for a kids forum. Why do we need such a forum? What are the reasons for our belief that such things as a "KIDS FORUM" and Kid-generated videos, and Kid-submitted photos are vital to  the KINGDOM OF GOD?

HERE IS the Reason, or some of the reasons for making the presentation of the Gospel more "Kid-friendly."

Jesus says "allow, encourage, invite kids to come to Him, for the kingdom of God is made up of such as these." And He also said that EVERYONE must receive the Kingdom as little children - so I submit that no presentation of the Gospel will ever be effective for adults if it is not also effective for kids. Therefore we must focus our attention on HOW TO REACH KIDS! We must listen to kids, and take an interest in kids, befriend kids, become trusted by kids, and LET THE VOICE OF KIDS BE HEARD.

of it even if they can't be admin. They are full of ideas so we need to harness that - even to the naming of sites and apps.

EXACTLY! When GOD SAYS "suffer the little children to come unto Me," sure that must suggest and imply that we need to be sure that we are appealing to kids - to harness that energy, that vitality, that simplicity, that honesty, that curiosity.

We must listen to them and answer THEIR questions. We cannot continue letting upper-story intellectuals decide the topics that kids should be hearing.

Aha!!

Good insights

Cheri A Fields said:

Great ideas! It will be nice to see kids involved on the screen as well as being the target audience.

The BIBLE TEACHES that all of our evangelism MUST BE of a sort that reaches kids. The things that reach kids will be the things that reach adults. This is the biblical guideline for effective evangelism. This is a great idea! I don't mind saying that it is a great ideas because it is NOT MY IDEA. It is exactly what Jesus commands and urges.

WE must know how to give good things to our children (Matt. 7:11). We must reach and win CHILDREN - If we do not, then the new rising generation - as it  becomes more and more godless will DESTROY US (Matt. 10:21). Adults will ONLY BE CONVERTED as they "become as little children."

If we ourselves do not become as little children WE SHALL NOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. This is a call for all of the brilliant intellectuals to sit down at the feet of those who are effective in children's ministry. AN EXAMPLE of upside-down thinking.

I was at a creation conference recently, ministering to children. We were going to take the children on an imagination adventure and explore Noah's Ark. We we going to go back in time and ride dinosaurs with the kids, and run up and down the ramps and corridors of the Ark. They were going to be allowed to sit on the know of Noah and ask questions about what it was like to live on the ark for a year . . .

BUT NO. The kids meeting was cancelled that evening and they were required to attend the lecture of an erudite college professor with brilliant information about the nature of the pre-flood atmosphere, and the formulas that tell us the capacity of the ark, and explorations in the Holy Land. The kids went to sleep after about 2 minutes.

Love that you're planning to keep things super short, much more watchable and shareable.

Oh that we would do this in all our stuff. Keep it short! I'm sorry, but an hour and a half of talking heads in some of the excellent new movies puts me to sleep - maybe that is because I'm too old and didn't have my coffee yet - but if this is the effect on me, imagine what it is on KIDS!

Here are a few thoughts off the top of my head:

God of the Gaps is like telling me I believe in my little brother to explain why my toys get broken. Reality is, I know he is real, therefore I have to be careful not to suspect him all the time.

Everyone trusts someone. I'd rather trust the Creator than some nerdy proud person.

No one wants to see the judges win the blue ribbon because they put selection pressure on the entries. 

This person won a prize for figuring out a little piece of engineering genius about life. But we're not supposed to praise the One who invented it from scratch in the first place?!!

Anything teaching how to recognize a logical fallacy when they see one would be awesome. They are *everywhere*.

That is why I love the video of the little 5-year old seeing the fallacy of thinking that dinosaurs were extinct before man existed. Kids get it. They are simple and they understand things that are simple. I don't buy it that kids don't understand. THEY DO UNDERSTAND, if only we would LISTEN to them and really grasp what they are thinking.

WHAT HE SAID:
Kyle Hornsey said:

Aha!!

The reason I'm asking about what kids are thinking is because of my conviction that we have been talking over their heads, not even listening to them.

And even in older young people - 19-29 - their unbelief stems from the fact that their "KID QUESTIONS" have NEVER been heard, let alone answered.

It is so awesome to hear a KID demolish the ludicrous idea that GOD CANNOT EXIST BECAUSE then WHO MADE GOD?

Kids easily understand that this is the very definition of God, and this is the category of being that they already KNOW MUST BE THERE, and MUST be responsible for all things that do have a beginning. . . .SO SIMPLE.

Jim Brenneman said:

The BIBLE TEACHES that all of our evangelism MUST BE of a sort that reaches kids. The things that reach kids will be the things that reach adults. This is the biblical guideline for effective evangelism. 

Preach it, Brother!

I did enjoy the Is Genesis History documentary and can handle a fair amount of talking heads, but it would have been awful to be in your position watching the wasted time with kids. I don't make my kids listen to what I'm learning and generally play a video game while I listen myself to stay awake!

At least right now there is a small group of us starting to speak up for kids (and lay people and pastors). It's nice to be a part of the solution to a problem God lets you see, isn't it? :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About CC

Connecting Christians who believe in Biblical Creation — discussing beliefs, sharing ideas, and recommending evolution-free resources. Please keep all posts relevant to the topics of this community.

Rules of Engagement
Zero Tolerance Policy
Statement of Faith
Creation Terms
FAQ

Homeschool Curriculum

Members

Creation Conversations 2018

What's new @ CC for 2018? 

Creation networking and much more in store for Creation Conversation Members. You'll not want to miss this new year!

© 2019   Created by Creation Conversations.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service