If you could recommend one Video or publication about creation vs evolution for Middle School students what would you recommend?  I would want this for a Sunday School setting.

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks James I will check out both those links today!

James McEwen said:
Hello Rob, there is one that I like that is a good teaching tool, The Gosplel According to Creation this can be found at www.gospelcreation.com Also since you asked, you could also check out my book Westley the Big Truck. This teaches children that complex machines need to have a designer.

Available at www.newleafpublishinggroup.com
Well, my kids have really enjoyed Kent Hovind's Creation Seminar. His ministry's website is drdino.com. He uses some of the "10 arguments creationists shouldn't use" from AiG's site, but he is an engaging speaker and really gets the message across in a way a middle school group can understand. The best DVDs from this seminar for middle school would be "The Age of the Earth" and "Lies in the Textbook." My son, a freshman in public school, is taking biology this year. They recently studied the age of the earth (4.6 billion years) and evolution (goo-to-you). Everyday on our way home from school, we have a routine of discussing everything he learned in each period of the day. On one of the days when they were doing comparative anatomy -- yes, they still use Haeckel's embryos -- I asked what he did in biology, and he replied, "Just more lies in the textbooks, Mom." This was his reply all the way through vestigial organs, horse evolution, peppered moths, and the lot. His son, Eric Hovind, has great resources for young people. He does a high tech "Creation Minute" segment you can find on the drdino site or on their facebook. These would be fantastic conversation starters for a group of kids.
So that you're not surprised by what you find, I should tell you that Kent Hovind is in prison right now for tax evasion. The good thing about that is that the people there with him have a wonderful Bible teacher, and he's holding an in-house prison ministry:-) Also, his son Eric has truly risen to the occasion and taken their ministry to the next level. I do not doubt Dr. Hovind's heart for Christ; I think he took some bad tax advice on principle and is paying dearly for it.
Thanks for the tips! I will check it out! For the tax thing everyday each of us make poor choices. Good thing we are not saved by works only by grace. I get it! :) Thanks a bunch!

Teresa Beck said:
So that you're not surprised by what you find, I should tell you that Kent Hovind is in prison right now for tax evasion. The good thing about that is that the people there with him have a wonderful Bible teacher, and he's holding an in-house prison ministry:-) Also, his son Eric has truly risen to the occasion and taken their ministry to the next level. I do not doubt Dr. Hovind's heart for Christ; I think he took some bad tax advice on principle and is paying dearly for it.
Eric Hovind's "Beginnings" Series. Only about 3 hours long. Not hard to understand and split up into 6 sessions. I use if for small groups. You can find it here.

http://shopping.drdino.com/product-exec/product_id/984/nm/NEW_Begin...
This is for Teresa and anyone else wondering about Kent Hovind and why he is in jail. Its pretty much modern day Christian persecution because Kent went after the government for forcing one religion (Evolution) to be taught in schools. This is a very good article from a 3rd party source that did the tax investigation.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi143.html
The Tax Trap: How a Florida Couple Declined Participation in a Government Ponzi Scheme and Ended Up in Prison
Yes, there was quite a bit of anti-Christian sentiment going on in all phases of the arrest and trial. Hovind's thrust has always been toward addressing the lies that continue to be printed in the textbooks. I'm from Pensacola, and Kent Hovind was the first creationist ever to present to me a reliable, historical Genesis, for which I'm eternally grateful. The whole situation has been unfortunate, but God has clearly used it for good. Our family continues to pray for Dr. Hovind and the ministry he started as well as for the ministry he has begun with the men in prison who so desperately need the truth of the Bible and the transforming power of new birth in Christ.

Brian Thompson said:
This is for Teresa and anyone else wondering about Kent Hovind and why he is in jail. Its pretty much modern day Christian persecution because Kent went after the government for forcing one religion (Evolution) to be taught in schools. This is a very good article from a 3rd party source that did the tax investigation.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi143.html
The Tax Trap: How a Florida Couple Declined Participation in a Government Ponzi Scheme and Ended Up in Prison
I definitely recommend Kent Hovind's seminars! I watch them all the time!
Take a look at Creation Minute! http://www.creationminute.com/
magmango said:
I definitely recommend Kent Hovind's seminars! I watch them all the time!

I do too.
Especially on my mediaplayer while working out or jogging.
Russ Miller and CreationMinistries.org. He is excellent. Watch some of his quick video's on YouTube and his creation ministry site. He even takes tour busses to the Grand Canyon for a day long insight into the results of God's great flood of Noah's time. His video's cover this, the pre-flood era, dinosaurs, the darwinian lies in the textbooks etc, and the history and christian foundations of America. He is a big fan and friend of Ken and Eric Hovind, Ken Ham, and Henry Morris, and they share each others ministries. He has a number of kids books on dinosaurs, creation etc. I would also recommend some of Duane Gish's young peoples books "Dinosaurs by Design" "Dinosaurs Those Terrible Lizards", they have big colorful illistrations.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About CC

Connecting Christians who believe in Biblical Creation — discussing beliefs, sharing ideas, and recommending evolution-free resources. Please keep all posts relevant to the topics of this community.

Rules of Engagement
Zero Tolerance Policy
Statement of Faith
Creation Terms
FAQ

Homeschool Curriculum

Members

Creation Conversations 2018

What's new @ CC for 2018? 

Creation networking and much more in store for Creation Conversation Members. You'll not want to miss this new year!

© 2019   Created by Creation Conversations.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service