Just recently, I really started to study about creation. I have always been more of a bible reader. The bible says it, so it is true mindset. About 8 months ago I became interested in other history in the bible such as creation. I have read a couple books this past year and now my mind is really is starting to want to know more. Here is my question, some Christians believe that through God there was the BIG BANG Evolution. When you hear Christians speaking of this what is a good way to defend the Creation Theory? I know all the bible history and the order it played but what is the best way to get these Christians thinking?

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've done some research on this, and there are a number of things you can do. First, you must point out (sorry, I don't have references handy) that it is impossible to read the plain text of Genesis to mean anything other than six real, normal days. Second, there are many different styles of writing in the Bible, so it's important to point out that Genesis, including the first 10 verses, are written as history. When I'm a little short on patience, my response is sometimes, "If God had said in Genesis that he used a big bang, I would believe that, but that is not what he said." AiG and other sites have a convenient comparison between the order of events in Genesis and that in evolutionary thinking. It is obvious the two is not compatible. On my family's website, www.thebeckhouse.net, there are a couple of blog-type articles I've written on the topic. You're welcome to use them. I think the one called "Choose" is especially appropriate.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for the help. This was very helpful to me!

Teresa Beck said:
I've done some research on this, and there are a number of things you can do. First, you must point out (sorry, I don't have references handy) that it is impossible to read the plain text of Genesis to mean anything other than six real, normal days. Second, there are many different styles of writing in the Bible, so it's important to point out that Genesis, including the first 10 verses, are written as history. When I'm a little short on patience, my response is sometimes, "If God had said in Genesis that he used a big bang, I would believe that, but that is not what he said." AiG and other sites have a convenient comparison between the order of events in Genesis and that in evolutionary thinking. It is obvious the two is not compatible. On my family's website, www.thebeckhouse.net, there are a couple of blog-type articles I've written on the topic. You're welcome to use them. I think the one called "Choose" is especially appropriate.

Hope this helps.
As Becky has said Genesis tells us it was a literal 6 day creation. The Hebrew word for day is " Yom " and anytime that Yom is used with a number or reference to evening/ morning it means a literal 24 hour aprx. day.

When talking to Christians who accept evolution, you needs to point out If God did it, he would have told us in Genesis. Also reference matthew 19:4 Haven’t you read the Scriptures?” Jesus replied. “They record that from the beginning ‘God made them male and female."
and also
John 5:46 - "If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me." directed to the fact that Moses recorded Genesis for God.

try that for starters
Excellent! I will give it a try! Thanks

Brian Thompson said:
As Becky has said Genesis tells us it was a literal 6 day creation. The Hebrew word for day is " Yom " and anytime that Yom is used with a number or reference to evening/ morning it means a literal 24 hour aprx. day.

When talking to Christians who accept evolution, you needs to point out If God did it, he would have told us in Genesis. Also reference matthew 19:4 Haven’t you read the Scriptures?” Jesus replied. “They record that from the beginning ‘God made them male and female."
and also
John 5:46 - "If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me." directed to the fact that Moses recorded Genesis for God.

try that for starters
I was on their side for most my life. But the two concepts are complete opposites:

-- Evolutionary Science says: light comes from the sun
-- God says: God created light on day one (Gen 1:3-5), but the sun on day four (Gen 1:15-16)

-- Evolutionary Science says: The sun came before the earth
-- God says: The earth was created on day one (Gen 1:2) but the sun on day four (Gen 1:15-16)

-- Evolutionary Science says: Nothing can live without the sun and the sun was required for life to begin
-- God says: Plant life was created on day three (Gen 1:11) but the sun on day four (Gen 1:15-16)

-- Evolutionary Science says: The earth was created as a molten mass taking millions of years to cool
-- God says: The earth was covered with water from the begining (Gen 1:2) and land didn't appear until the third day (Gen 1:9-10)

-- Evolutionary Science says: Life started in the sea
-- God says: Life started on land (Gen 1:11)

-- Evolutionary Science says: Birds came from reptiles (land animals)
-- God says: Birds were created on day 5 (Gen 1:20) and land animals on day 6 (Gen 1:24)

-- Evolutionary Science says: man and woman came from primates
-- God says: Man came from dust (gen 2:7), woman came from man's rib (2:21-22)

-- Evolutionary Science says: animals like dinosaurs, lions, etc are and always were carnivours
-- God says: all creatures were created vegitarians (Gen 1:19-20)

-- Evolutionary Science says: The fossil record shows not only death and diseases like cancer before man, but thorns as well.
-- God says: thorns are a part of the curse which was given AFTER man's sin (Genesis 3:18)

-- Evolutionary Science says: animals and prehistoric man lived, died, killed for millions of years before modern man evolved
-- God says: there was no death before man's sin (Romans 5:12)

-- Evolutionary Science says: Things are still evolving
-- God says: Creation is finished (Gen 2:2)

-- Evolutionary Science says: the earth has been here for billions of years, but man only a few million.
-- God says: Man has been on the earth from the beginning.

Other general questions:
-- God says we came from dust and to dust we will return. Evolutionary Science says we came from primates. So when we die, do we return to dust or to primates?
-- God says man came from dust. Some claim this is a reference to chemical to man evolution. If this is so, the Bible says woman came from man's rib. How does this fit?
-- God called His creation "good". We see that no man is good, only god is good (Luke 18:19), because man is flawed and only God is perfect. Yet evolutionary science says this creation (before man) was filled with death, killing, disease, sorrow, hunger, disaster, etc. Is this "good"?
-- God says Adam was created on day six, lived through day seven and died in his 900s. Some people say the days were millions of years. This would make Adam over a million years old.
-- Finally when asked about marriage and divorce, says to read Genesis 1 for the answer (Matt 19:4). If it wasn't literally true, this reasoning would only be figurative as well. God says if we can't believe Moses' words (this includes Genesis), how can we believe God's words (John 5:46-47)?
Wow that helps a lot Arthur. Thanks for the detailed infromation.

Arthur Smith said:
I was on their side for most my life. But the two concepts are complete opposites:

-- Evolutionary Science says: light comes from the sun
-- God says: God created light on day one (Gen 1:3-5), but the sun on day four (Gen 1:15-16)

-- Evolutionary Science says: The sun came before the earth
-- God says: The earth was created on day one (Gen 1:2) but the sun on day four (Gen 1:15-16)

-- Evolutionary Science says: Nothing can live without the sun and the sun was required for life to begin
-- God says: Plant life was created on day three (Gen 1:11) but the sun on day four (Gen 1:15-16)

-- Evolutionary Science says: The earth was created as a molten mass taking millions of years to cool
-- God says: The earth was covered with water from the begining (Gen 1:2) and land didn't appear until the third day (Gen 1:9-10)

-- Evolutionary Science says: Life started in the sea
-- God says: Life started on land (Gen 1:11)

-- Evolutionary Science says: Birds came from reptiles (land animals)
-- God says: Birds were created on day 5 (Gen 1:20) and land animals on day 6 (Gen 1:24)

-- Evolutionary Science says: man and woman came from primates
-- God says: Man came from dust (gen 2:7), woman came from man's rib (2:21-22)

-- Evolutionary Science says: animals like dinosaurs, lions, etc are and always were carnivours
-- God says: all creatures were created vegitarians (Gen 1:19-20)

-- Evolutionary Science says: The fossil record shows not only death and diseases like cancer before man, but thorns as well.
-- God says: thorns are a part of the curse which was given AFTER man's sin (Genesis 3:18)

-- Evolutionary Science says: animals and prehistoric man lived, died, killed for millions of years before modern man evolved
-- God says: there was no death before man's sin (Romans 5:12)

-- Evolutionary Science says: Things are still evolving
-- God says: Creation is finished (Gen 2:2)

-- Evolutionary Science says: the earth has been here for billions of years, but man only a few million.
-- God says: Man has been on the earth from the beginning.

Other general questions:
-- God says we came from dust and to dust we will return. Evolutionary Science says we came from primates. So when we die, do we return to dust or to primates?
-- God says man came from dust. Some claim this is a reference to chemical to man evolution. If this is so, the Bible says woman came from man's rib. How does this fit?
-- God called His creation "good". We see that no man is good, only god is good (Luke 18:19), because man is flawed and only God is perfect. Yet evolutionary science says this creation (before man) was filled with death, killing, disease, sorrow, hunger, disaster, etc. Is this "good"?
-- God says Adam was created on day six, lived through day seven and died in his 900s. Some people say the days were millions of years. This would make Adam over a million years old.
-- Finally when asked about marriage and divorce, says to read Genesis 1 for the answer (Matt 19:4). If it wasn't literally true, this reasoning would only be figurative as well. God says if we can't believe Moses' words (this includes Genesis), how can we believe God's words (John 5:46-47)?
Sure, you can find more at my Web Ministry: www.HaveYouNotRead.com or http://youdonthavetohaveaphd.blogspot.com/

In His Service... Arthur
I always see theistic evolution as an excuse for believing in both God and evolution so that there is no more conflict. But always return to the Bible, that's your proof. The average person who reads Genesis would not at all think of that big bang evolution because its not in there!
Grrr... Do you have a different browser? Seems to work in about everything but IE. And I can't figure out why!!! (If anyone has suggestions.....?)

Brad Bond said:
Arthur, I tried to get on your website, haveyounotread.com, but I only get a blank page.

Arthur Smith said:
Sure, you can find more at my Web Ministry: www.HaveYouNotRead.com or http://youdonthavetohaveaphd.blogspot.com/

In His Service... Arthur
It's not easy or diplomatic to tell somebody they're wrong, but here's the fundamental differences between the two that you should ask them to consider:

Bible vs. Evolution
- Plants before sun VS. Sun before plants
- Sea mammals before land mammals VS. Land mammals before sea mammals
- Birds before reptiles VS. Reptiles before birds
- Atmosphere between layers of water VS. Atmosphere above water
- Man brought Death into the world VS. Death brought man into the world
- God created man VS. Man created God
Oops! I didn't see Arthur had already posted that on his reply. Is there any way to delete a post on here once you've made it?
The bible is very clear that Christ created all things in six days, If you proclaim any other theory your calling God a liar. It may seem like a trivial answer, but remember God can't lie! The bible is either the true word of God, or it's just a bunch of stories thrown together. i think the key to understanding this subject is showing how a design is in everything, or excepting that we all came from primorial soup.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About CC

Connecting Christians who believe in Biblical Creation — discussing beliefs, sharing ideas, and recommending evolution-free resources. Please keep all posts relevant to the topics of this community.

Rules of Engagement
Zero Tolerance Policy
Statement of Faith
Creation Terms
FAQ

Homeschool Curriculum

Members

Creation Conversations 2018

What's new @ CC for 2018? 

Creation networking and much more in store for Creation Conversation Members. You'll not want to miss this new year!

© 2019   Created by Creation Conversations.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service