Fantastic ICR article on the flood boundary in the rock/fossil sequences. Fantastic

There was a fantastic ICR (acts/facts jan) article by Tim Clarey in which, it seems to me, a rare aggresive assertion was made by YEC researchers that the flood boundary , as indicated by fossils and rock stratas was at the k-Pg9formerly k-t) line.

this is very importabnt. Many YEC thinkers who reach audiences hjave said it was the ice age etc etc. In fact these YEC always have to explain why the mammal tyopes were at the top and dinos etc below. they did talk about faster runners etc etc.

Yet with it being the k-Pg line it eliminates this problem and many othyers.

That means all fossilized fauna/flora on top of the k-Pg line are from later events. A few centuries later at most.

This becoming a major tenet in yEC would change so much. it was, I understood, a minority opinion amongst thinkers.

I wish ICR would do a article explaining this whole issue.

Anyways great article Clarey  

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My biggest comment, in the last 10 years, new fossil treasure troves in China and other countries show that some mega fauna and even modern animals were in conjunction with dinosaur. There are many YEC brothers that infer that elephant species existed after the flood, in ice age that followed the flood?  I am not sure how this affects YEC views but there is a host of issues surrounding fossils that go unexplained. THe fact that Dinos and mega fauna contain measurable C-14 in their actual bones, this must infer that these creatures are recent..  Obviously a dinosaur implied to be 67 million years old could not contain C-14 in it at that age, as the half life of C-14 5,500 Years.  As I understand it, no one is able to identify the assumed flood line through out the world.  YECs need a better evidence base.  Just saying.

Lou Hamby said:

My biggest comment, in the last 10 years, new fossil treasure troves in China and other countries show that some mega fauna and even modern animals were in conjunction with dinosaur. There are many YEC brothers that infer that elephant species existed after the flood, in ice age that followed the flood?  I am not sure how this affects YEC views but there is a host of issues surrounding fossils that go unexplained. THe fact that Dinos and mega fauna contain measurable C-14 in their actual bones, this must infer that these creatures are recent..  Obviously a dinosaur implied to be 67 million years old could not contain C-14 in it at that age, as the half life of C-14 5,500 Years.  As I understand it, no one is able to identify the assumed flood line through out the world.  YECs need a better evidence base.  Just saying.

The flood line would be a problem. The great line however is the fauna/flora line.

The other side uses it to say a spacve rock hit and caused extinctions.

YEC can use it too. I think its a good line. so anything above the k-t line is after the flood. the line and below is from the flood year.

YEC has disagreed. many try to see the ice age as the start of the post flood world. i am confident its the k-pg line. the fossils of fauna/flora make this case for me. its simple.

So i'm glad to see ICR also suggesting this is the true division. it moves things along.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About CC

Connecting Christians who believe in Biblical Creation — discussing beliefs, sharing ideas, and recommending evolution-free resources. Please keep all posts relevant to the topics of this community.

Rules of Engagement
Zero Tolerance Policy
Statement of Faith
Creation Terms
FAQ

Homeschool Curriculum

Members

Creation Conversations 2018

What's new @ CC for 2018? 

Creation networking and much more in store for Creation Conversation Members. You'll not want to miss this new year!

© 2018   Created by Creation Conversations.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service