When in your opinion did man begin eating Mammoths and Wooly Rhinos --- Pre or post flood or both?  We have evidences from the Alaska, Canada,  Americas, Europe, Asia, Russia with tools, cut marks and slaughter evidences man was eating lots of mega fauna. Just curious where you place that in context to YE history?  

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The original poster keeps talking about what happened "before" or "after" the Flood. BUT HOW CAN WE have any intelligent conversation about this when he keeps making up dates, pulling them out of thin air, while rejecting the plain reading of the inerrant inspired Scripture. He keeps telling us that the biblical dates are not valid.

We are talking about a particular flood, a historical event that really took place at a definite time - 1656 years after the sixth day of creation, in the 600th year of Noah (Gen. 7:11).

When the original poster talks about the "flood" he is not talking about the same event. He is talking about an imaginary event that he cannot identify in history. He continually suggests that the culture of Egypt began before his "once upon a time flood." 

We know from the Bible that the patriarch Abraham was born about 350 years after the Flood - from Genesis eleven and twelve (with Acts 7:1-4) - about 2008 years after creation.

Using lifespans recorded in the rest of the Old Testament, the length of the reigns of the Kings of Judah and Israel from the Kings and Chronicles we can do the math (not by guess work) to work backwards from David (1000 BC), through Moses (1500 BC) to see that Abraham was born in about 2000 BC. 

The misguided opponent of Creation Conversations keeps making noise and bluster that this or that scholar has proven these numbers to be incorrect. BUT IT IS ALL HOT AIR. The Bible is clear. The numbers it records are accurate and correct. There were five loaves and two fishes in the feeding of the five thousand and 12 baskets of scraps left over when the 12 disciples of Jesus participated in this miracle. The numbers of the Bible are true and correct.

We will never come to agreement about this matter because the original poster rejects the accuracy of Scripture with respect to numbers. 

That being the case, we are never talking about the same thing ANY TIME HE MAKES REFERENCE TO THE FLOOD. He has no idea when the flood took place and he also is not certain WHERE it took place. He does not believe it had any impact on the topography of North America. . . . 

Jim we will have to agree to disagree here. This is not the christian Creationist prevailing view.  I just don't get the dates you seem to imply, nor did original YE proponents.  As the narrative changed and evolved, new players inferred theoretical ideas that while they are interesting, the facts just don't support it.  I am closing this out becasue this has become contentious and was not my motivation. 

It's an interesting contemplation...  Could a YE person believe in YE but support a localized flood? The same flood that when the math is added up must be referring to a localized event.

If we could agree that the speed of light is relevant to time, barring any new inferences from YE, common sense that distances between solar systems in the Universe must infer some time factor. Just saying...    

How can we disagree when you have NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION?

So, again another thread that you close because you refuse to answer your own question, and you refuse to answer ours -

What is the date of the Flood that you don't believe in?

How do you account for the world-wide distribution of trillions of fossils - apart from the Global Flood?

Jim I gave you factual answer you don't accept, if you can't accept scientific fact then I don't know what to say.  But for the record again.  Morris was debunked when he used that logic for the Karoo Fossil beds.  THe beds have a multiplicity of layers one on top of the other. They were not part of the Flood nor could hydrology produce this.  There has never been a tine in history where trillions of fossils meaning live animals existed at one time. The mixing of Mega fauna, Modern Birds, Dinos and Cambrian fish etc. does not produce a picture of Flood geology at all?  Interesting about the many fossil ash flows from volcanoes through out the world including Toba which you refuse to address with mega fauna and dinos, and modern animals all during the flood?  

If Morris had to admit this was impossible, then the burden of proof rests on you Jim.  

Actually Jim I appreciate your attempt at eliciting the biblical scirptures as the basis for your beliefs, for me sciurpture "in context" is as important as science ever could be, but the God of creation has left us evidences in nature of His mighty works.  Lord bless you brother...

NO, you have not given an answer. You have never given a date for the Flood that you keep referring to.

Lou Hamby said:

Jim I gave you factual answer you don't accept, if you can't accept scientific fact then I don't know what to say.  But for the record again.

And FOR THE RECORD, again, notice that in the words that follow, you still give no date for the Flood. AND FOR THE RECORD again, notice that you offer NO explanation for fossils around the world. All you do is dispute our biblical view of the Flood as the cause for fossil-filled sedimentary strata on a continent-wide global scale. STILL YOU offer no alternative.

Morris was debunked when he used that logic for the Karoo Fossil beds.  THe beds have a multiplicity of layers one on top of the other. They were not part of the Flood nor could hydrology produce this.  There has never been a tine in history where trillions of fossils meaning live animals existed at one time. The mixing of Mega fauna, Modern Birds, Dinos and Cambrian fish etc. does not produce a picture of Flood geology at all?  Interesting about the many fossil ash flows from volcanoes through out the world including Toba which you refuse to address with mega fauna and dinos, and modern animals all during the flood?  

If Morris had to admit this was impossible, then the burden of proof rests on you Jim.  

Actually Jim I appreciate your attempt at eliciting the biblical scirptures as the basis for your beliefs, for me sciurpture "in context" is as important as science ever could be, but the God of creation has left us evidences in nature of His mighty works.  Lord bless you brother...

You keep talking about the "Flood" but you won't tell us what the time context is for this flood that you deny.

Lou, can you provide a date (or time frame) for the flood you argue for?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About CC

Connecting Christians who believe in Biblical Creation — discussing beliefs, sharing ideas, and recommending evolution-free resources. Please keep all posts relevant to the topics of this community.

Rules of Engagement
Zero Tolerance Policy
Statement of Faith
Creation Terms
FAQ

Homeschool Curriculum

Members

Creation Conversations 2017

What's new @ CC for 2017? Stay tuned and keep checking back. More ask the experts, more creation networking and much more in store for Creation Conversation Members. You'll not want to miss this new year!

© 2017   Created by Creation Conversations.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service