So I've been trying for two days now to find some relevant information to help me make an informed reply to someone, but I can find anything.

Here's the comment I would like to respond to:

"Predictions such as the red shift of stars to indicate their rate of expansion and if any such expansion is in fact taking place. The existence of CMBR (cosmic microwave background radiation) that was subsequently discovered in 1964. the trait of massive/heavy objects to bend space-time. When i say we know i mean exactly that. WE KNOW. its not a faith thing. When i say we don't know something. We DONT. and i added the yet because physicists are working on those problems even as we speak and incredible findings have already been made."

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Was that one or three points.

Physics is complicated and should be seen as still entry level for humans, tailless primates for some, and its all iffy.

Einstein said he didn't understand what light was at the end of his life.

not knowing what light is SURELY affects time/space and everything.

Dating star movements is still based on unproven presumtions.

They should heal blindness, simple things, before making hard conclusions about physics.

Dan,

Observations are what are actually known.  However, every observation requires interpretation. It is in the area of interpretation where creation scientist and naturalistic scientists disagree. 

Hope that helps some.

Yours in Christ,

Robert

Sorry RB. It may have been three; I'll have to read it again. I was in a hurry, so I just copied and pasted the whole paragraph without thinking that there may be more info than was relevant to my question. haha oops.

Robert Byers said:

Was that one or three points.

Physics is complicated and should be seen as still entry level for humans, tailless primates for some, and its all iffy.

Einstein said he didn't understand what light was at the end of his life.

not knowing what light is SURELY affects time/space and everything.

Dating star movements is still based on unproven presumtions.

They should heal blindness, simple things, before making hard conclusions about physics.

RD Thank you. I am aware, however, that observations require interpretations. But I think I'm looking for a bit more about the prediction aspect in comparison to what we would expect from a Creationist perspective. If we would expect the same, which I think we can't rule out that we wouldn't, then his point about "predictions" could/would be true for either worldview.

RB made a good point about there being 3 different points, but after rereading them, they seem to be to be so closely related that I would have probably lumped them together anyway. That may be wrong though. Again, I'm not a scientist by any stretch, so I'm just barely scraping the surface of these ideas.

Thanks guys!

Robert Driskell said:

Dan,

Observations are what are actually known.  However, every observation requires interpretation. It is in the area of interpretation where creation scientist and naturalistic scientists disagree. 

Hope that helps some.

Yours in Christ,

Robert

I found this book to shed some light (pardon the pun) on this subject: The Physics of Einstein: Black holes, time travel, distant starlight, E=mc2 by Dr. Jason Lisle. Honestly, I found some of it to be way over my head, but it may not be over your head. His website has some helpful articles too.  https://biblicalscienceinstitute.com/

Yours in Christ,

Robert

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About CC

Connecting Christians who believe in Biblical Creation — discussing beliefs, sharing ideas, and recommending evolution-free resources. Please keep all posts relevant to the topics of this community.

Rules of Engagement
Zero Tolerance Policy
Statement of Faith
Creation Terms
FAQ

Homeschool Curriculum

Members

Creation Conversations 2018

What's new @ CC for 2018? 

Creation networking and much more in store for Creation Conversation Members. You'll not want to miss this new year!

© 2018   Created by Creation Conversations.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service