How do  creation scientists differentiate between fossils laid down by the Flood and fossils NOT laid down by the Flood?

My questions arise from reading Frozen In Time by Michael Oard.  He lays out evidence that certain animal fossils have been found in certain areas of the world.  I just wondered how we are able to discern what fossils have been deposited by the Flood as opposed to fossils that are simply found where they died.

I know that there must be a technique/system of identifying which is which, but I haven't read, or heard, what it is.

I believe in the historicity of the biblical record...just looking for some clarification.

Yours in Christ,

Robert

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its simple and logical. To make a fossil one must have a recipe. Its a big deal. Nothing is being fossilized today.

So a great movement of sediment must enclose biology and squeeze till its become rock like.

This would happen from the biblical flood with its great energy moving waves and so sediment.

Then there is a clear segregation of biology in the ground. Below its all one way and above its another. So this line must be the flood year line.

Whats above only in special areas has fossilization events.

So the k-t line, called otherwise now, is the flood line. All fossils below it are only from the flood year.

All above from some event(s) a fe centuries after the flood.

There are other bone deposits like the ice age ones. these are different and even then require certain conditions.

Its the type of creatures and sediment type that allows a accurate dating and it works excellent with the bible record.

Thank you for that answer Robert.  It helps in understanding how archaeologists can differentiate between flood fossils and non-flood fossils.  God bless you.

Yours in Christ,

Robert

Thought I would try and clarify my question a bit.  Let me reframe it: If I were fossil hunting and ran across fossils laid down by the Flood, what would that look like, in general?

If I were fossil hunting and ran across some fossils that were NOT laid down by the Flood, what would that look like, in general?

How would one differentiate between the two?

Thanks again,

Yours in Christ,

Robert

Robert Driskell said:

Thought I would try and clarify my question a bit.  Let me reframe it: If I were fossil hunting and ran across fossils laid down by the Flood, what would that look like, in general?

If I were fossil hunting and ran across some fossils that were NOT laid down by the Flood, what would that look like, in general?

How would one differentiate between the two?

Thanks again,

Yours in Christ,

Robert

to have something become in stone or its impression in stone requires great pressure. the other side says time plus sediment weight provides the pressure. our side says just pressure can do it instantly.

Therefore anything in stoine, the fossil, must be from great pressure.

so you can't tell if its from the flood year as opposed to any other event.

however the flood year would be almost the only great event to turn biology to stone. I say other post flood events also could do this.

YOU CAN'T TELL by looking at a fossil.

The big thing is which type of biology it is. they are so different above/below the k-t line, the flood line for many YEC.

the dino type is proof its from the flood and the mammal type is proof its from after the flood.

Fossils are found in sedimentary rocks, all of which were deposited by the worldwide flood.  Since they are fossils, when they died they were immediately surrounded by sediment.  If they had not, they would have deteriorated and not found as fossils.

Thank you for that information Mel. I've just started reading about the fossil record.  Fascinating subject.  I appreciate your input.

Yours in Christ,

Robert

Mel Kirk said:

Fossils are found in sedimentary rocks, all of which were deposited by the worldwide flood.  Since they are fossils, when they died they were immediately surrounded by sediment.  If they had not, they would have deteriorated and not found as fossils.

Mel Kirk said:

yes its right they would decay if not turned to stone instantly.

yet its a mechanism. so its not demanding its the great flood. any great pressure will do.

so post flood conditions, her and there, did do the same thing i suggest.

So fossils are not just from the great flood. They are alsi from great events after the great flood. indeed the origin for the mammal diversity found in the fossil record. likev wise ice age creatures are "fossilized or close, upon certain conditions.

beardogs are post flood creatures and they were fossilized by local events likewise i suggest. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About CC

Connecting Christians who believe in Biblical Creation — discussing beliefs, sharing ideas, and recommending evolution-free resources. Please keep all posts relevant to the topics of this community.

Rules of Engagement
Zero Tolerance Policy
Statement of Faith
Creation Terms
FAQ

Homeschool Curriculum

Members

Creation Conversations 2018

What's new @ CC for 2018? 

Creation networking and much more in store for Creation Conversation Members. You'll not want to miss this new year!

© 2019   Created by Creation Conversations.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service