I have just been reading some Hebrew literature about the age of the Earth. The Jews have their year numbering system that concludes that this year is 5776.  The year numbering is calculated to have started at the creation, but the creation of what?  The article says:

"Now where do we make the zero point? On Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, upon blowing the shofar, the following sentence is said: "Hayom Harat Olam ― today is the birthday of the world."

This verse might imply that Rosh Hashana commemorates the creation of the universe. But it doesn't. Rosh Hashana commemorate the creation of the Neshama, the soul of human life. We start counting our 5700-plus years from the creation of the soul of Adam."

Once you come from Adam, the flow of time is totally in human terms. Adam and Eve live 130 years before having children! Seth lives 105 years before having children, etc. From Adam forward, the flow of time is totally human in concept. But prior to that time, it's an abstract concept: "Evening and morning."

Now this started me thinking again about Adam and the Earth's age.  The text was correct in saying that Adam was 130 years before he had children, however we do not really know how long Adam existed before the next recorded incident, the Fall.  How long did Adam and Eve live in that garden previously.  Dis Adam receive his "Neshama, the soul of human life" when God breathed life into him, or did he get his 'human' soul at the fall, which made him 'human'?  When Adam became truly human.

If Adam was created to live forever, then could he have lived for thousands of years before the fall, before God changed the body-clock so that he would die.

?????

Views: 127

Replies to This Discussion

The quote in the original post says:

Adam and Eve live 130 years before having children!

Then it appears that Dr. Blake says:

The text was correct in saying that Adam was 130 years before he had children, however we do not really know how long Adam existed before the next recorded incident, the Fall.

I wonder about two things here - why would we think that Adam's first child was born ONLY AFTER he had lived 130 years? Where does the Bible state this? In fact, what the Bible clearly states is that Adam BEGAT SETH when he was 130 (Gen. 5:3). Other sons and daughters had been born to Adam and Eve PRIOR to the birth of Seth.

Then too, I wonder what is meant in the above quote in the suggestion that AFTER the Birth of Seth, the next recorded incident was the Fall. In my Bible the Fall occurs before Adam and Eve bore any children. ALL MEN ARE IN ADAM and are therefore all sinners.

RSS

About CC

Connecting Christians who believe in Biblical Creation — discussing beliefs, sharing ideas, and recommending evolution-free resources. Please keep all posts relevant to the topics of this community.

Rules of Engagement
Zero Tolerance Policy
Statement of Faith
Creation Terms
FAQ

Homeschool Curriculum

Members

Creation Conversations 2018

What's new @ CC for 2018? 

Creation networking and much more in store for Creation Conversation Members. You'll not want to miss this new year!

© 2019   Created by Creation Conversations.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service