Section 1: Basis for Faith
- The 66 books of the Bible are the written Word of God. The Bible is divinely inspired and inerrant throughout and its assertions are factually true in all the original autographs. It is the supreme authority in everything it teaches. Its authority is not limited to spiritual, religious or redemptive themes, but includes its assertions in such fields as history and science.
Section 2: The Centrality of Jesus Christ
- The scientific aspects of creation are important, but are secondary in importance to the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as Sovereign, Creator, Redeemer and Judge.
Section 3: Origins Truths
- The account of origins presented in Genesis is a simple, but factual, presentation of actual events, and therefore provides a reliable framework for scientific research into the question of the origin and history of life, mankind, the Earth and the universe.
- The various original life forms (kinds), including mankind, were made by direct creative acts of God. The living descendants of any of the original kinds (apart from man) may represent more than one species today, reflecting the genetic potential within the original kind. Only limited biological changes (including mutational deterioration) have occurred naturally within each kind since Creation.
- The origin of Adam (the first man) and Eve (the first woman) by special creation, and their subsequent fall into sin, is the basis for the necessity of salvation for mankind.
- The origin of death (both physical and spiritual) and bloodshed occurred subsequent to man’s sin and entered this world as a direct consequence of man’s sin.
- The great Flood of Genesis was an actual historic event, worldwide (global) in its extent and effect.
Section 4: General Theological Truth
- The Godhead is triune: one God, three Persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man.
- Jesus is the Creator, who is before all things and co-eternal with the Father.
- Jesus was God in the flesh, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary
- Jesus bore our sins in His body on the Cross, as the perfect substitute, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
- Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead, ascended to Heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father, and shall return in person to this Earth as Judge of the living and the dead.
- Satan fell from a perfect state and is now the personal spiritual adversary of both God and man.
- All mankind are sinners in need of redemption.
- All mankind are sinners, inherently from Adam and individually (by choice) and are therefore subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Freedom from the penalty and power of sin is available to man only through the sacrificial death and shed blood of Jesus Christ, and His complete and bodily Resurrection from the dead.
- Salvation is a gift from God, received by faith alone in Christ alone and expressed in the individual’s repentance, in recognition of the death of Christ as full payment for sin, and accepting the risen Christ as Savior, Lord and God.
Section 5: Creation Truth
- Scripture teaches a recent origin for man and the whole creation, from creation to Christ being approximately 4,000 years.
- The days in the creation narrative (Genesis One) do not correspond to geologic ages, but are six consecutive, 24-hour rotational days of Creation.
- The Genesis Flood was a significant geological and global event.
- By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the Scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information. “Science” must never be the basis for interpreting Scripture; rather, Scriptural truth is always the final authority and the basis for understanding legitimate observations of Science.